Monday, June 26, 2006

FISH IN BLACK SAUCE


First off, don't ask me the name of this fish. I seldom know what sort of fish I'm eating. Most of my fishes are given to me (mostly from Lundu), and I never bother to find out their names. If I can use any variety of fish (blindly), I don't see why you can't.


INGREDIENTS


2 tbsp fermented black beans

1 chilli (diced)
3 clove garlic (diced)
1 fish
Salt & sugar

Cornflour
Spring onion (chopped)

  • Pound 1st 3 ingredients together with mortar and pestle into a paste.
  • Score the fish diagonally on both sides. Pat dry the fish with paper towel; rub salt and dust with cornflour.
  • In a wok shallow fry until both sides are golden and crisp. Remove to a plate.
  • Reserve about 3 tablespoon of oil for frying the bean paste.

  • Mix 1 tbsp of cornflour with ½ cup water.
  • Fry the paste until fragrant. Add enough water to make sauce (about 1 cup).
  • Add sugar to balance the taste.
  • Add enough cornflour water while stirring continously to form a smooth silky sauce. (Mix more cornflour water if the sauce is too watery.)
  • Pour the sauce on top of fish.
  • Garnish with spring onion.

No comments:

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP