Monday, October 16, 2006

DIM-SUM @ TSUI HUA LAU RESTAURANT, KUCHING

Chicken & Duck Congee


Drove past this Chinese Restaurant on a Sunday morning and spotted people sitting along the 5-foot way and a stall on the outside of the restaurant. Curiosity got the better of me, and made a detour to check out this place.


Char-Sui Congee


This is a newly renovated restaurant under a new management. Others have complained of the expensive food. I haven't paid for the food here since then, so I can't commend on this. However, I can say the service was excellent when I had a birthday dinner here; they changed the plates on every table after each dish, and there were 80 tables in all!


Sui-Mai


The moment I parked the car, I checked out the stall in front, and asked whether I could order there and then, but was told order would be taken when seated. But once inside and seated, the story was reversed. So I ordered 2 duck & chicken congee (RM2.00 each), and one Char-Sui congee plus 3 tea. Quickly I dashed out, only to find the Sui-Mai and chicken's claws available.


Chicken's Claws


There is definitely a flaw in the system. They can't have a trolley system because of the narrow passageway. Even if they did, I doubt the kitchen could keep up the pace. We had to wait 15 minutes before the next batch of baskets were delivered out.


Century Egg Sui-Mai


It's not a pleasant eating experience here, I can tell you! One has to be a hawk to get any food here; stalking every waiter coming out of the kitchen, and pounce on anyone carry a tray of baskets of dim-sum.


Har-Kau


Needless to say, one has to be a Kiasu to get any food on the table. I was the first one to make a beeline to the stall to get the rest of the grub you see here.


Fishball


The Har-Kau meets all the prerequisite, with a whole shrimp in it. The Char-Sui Pau is exceptionally good; fluffy like Wńa-Ko Kueh and melts in your mouth. I couldn't wait to find out what the rest of its repertoire tasted like… I mean, didn’t have the time and patience!


Char-Sui Pau


Also, I couldn't tell you whether the food was expensive or not. See the bill (left). Didn't I tell you there's a flaw in the system? I'm not complaining, that's for sure!

No comments:

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP