Sunday, February 25, 2007

CHAR KUEH @ WOON LAM CAFÉ (1999), JALAN SONG THIEN CHEOK, KUCHING


I haven't been to this coffee shop for quite sometime. The (1999) on its sign signifies the new owner's reign; it's been there longer than that under a different owner. Although it has its selection of kolo mee, yong tofu, laksa, kueh chap and popiah, nothing in particular stands out. I just tried out the Char Kueh, and there's a hint of familiarity about the lady frying the kueh, but I couldn't place the face until I saw her husband on the second visit. He used to fry Char Kueh in the afternoons on the 5-foot way of one of the coffee shops at Jalan Nanas some years ago. In fact he was doing double duty - mornings at Woon Lam and afternoons at Jalan Nanas. I never had the Char Kueh at Woon Lam then. I liked it then, and I'm still loving it. Nowadays, it's just morning Char Kueh only.

No comments:

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP