Friday, March 09, 2007

SPICY DUCK NOODLE @ RUBY CAFE, LORONG RUBBER 3, KUCHING

Loh Ark Flat Noodle Soup


I chance upon this place while walking to my dentist. At first, to my delight, I thought it's Thai's Kuay Tiaw Ped; but it was not to be! When I ordered the Koay Teow soup, I was given a puzzled look. Because here, I learnt later, the duck noodle is meant to be taken dry with the duck sauce flavoring the noodle. Thus my first order tasted like ordinary rice noodle soup with the duck smacked on top.


Loh Ark Noodle (Dry)


Since then I've gone back for seconds, and thirds and so forth. Basically the so-called spicy duck is braised duck in soy sauce with 5-spice powder (Loh Ark) served with Kolo Mee. If you have a thing for duck, this might be just the ticket to heavenly bliss.


Loh Ark With Dry Flat Noodle


This place is sandwiched between Jalan Nanas and Rubber. It's next to the SNAP party's headquarters.

No comments:

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP