Friday, May 11, 2007

SECRET RECIPE #1: HOME-MADE ROJAK SAUCE



Actually this is a Jui-Hu Eng-Chai Sauce, but the recipe is so similar that I always treat it as a Rojak Sauce. The difference between the two is a subtraction of one ingredient.This is my mum's recipe; and, yes, it's her mixing the concoction. Had a public tasting of the stuff, there is this Indian lady who is convinced that it is marketable. Well, what do you expect from someone who's married to a marketing guy?

Anyway, the cost is too prohibitive for public consumption, according to my mum. Probably in up-market places like Selfridges or David Jones. Good heavens, who would ever want to buy those Pong?!!! For orders, please call 555-8475291. Wishful thinking!


If you wanna use pictures from this site, please ask, and give due acknowledgment. Don't crop off the watermarks and logo or even hijack the recipe lock, stock and barrel, and think you can get away with it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mum, who is in Kuching, is coming to London for a visit in July and I would like her to bring me a bottle of your mum's rojak sauce. Can she buy a bottle or two from you/ your mum? Thanks

Kong-Kay said...

can you pls. leave your mum's address/phone no. at tiewleh@gmail.com, i'll see what can be done. can't promise you anything.

Anonymous said...

Didn't I hear that rojak sauce smells? Are you a real cook or just an amateur. Your photography is ok. But your cooking method needs more practice.
Your food reader.

Kong-Kay said...

does durian or cheese smell? depending on who you talk to. I never claim to be a real cook or otherwise. so what's your beef, anonymous?

Coketai said...

Hi Kong Kay,

I don;t find any receipt details on your entry, are you going to provide the detail ingrediance of this receipt...or you just want to show us the brief step of preparing this sauce??

LY.Tai

Coketai said...

I am sorry, I mean "recipe" not "receipt", sometime my hand are slower than my mind...

LY.Tai

Kong-Kay said...

L.Y.Tai,
that's why it's call a secret recipe. sorry to disappoint, or not, according to some people.... at least i manage to provoke some comments from aggrieved parties.

Coketai said...

Got you! Thanks

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP