Sunday, September 30, 2007

FOOCHOW NOODLE @ SOON FATT CAFÉ, JALAN ANG CHENG HO, KUCHINGs


Initially was going to try out the wonton noodle a reader (from Marudi via Kuching) gave me the heads-up.... it was closed for on Sunday, so I drove around looking for an eatery I haven't tried in the vicinity. This was the only two along the left stretch (across the road from Verinice) that was opened. I haven't tried this one yet; I wasn't sure what I was in for.

Upon stepping in, the place was packed to the brim, I glazed at the big hanging sign of its menu; mostly Foochow fare with a few fried and vegetable rice (for the weekdays lunch crowd). The lady of the house immediately asked me in Foochow what I wanted (I suspect the majority of the customers are Foochows); I tried my very worst in Foochow to order the Chow Chai Houng Nam (Lees preserved veg. with thick Beehoon) and the Pian Nik Mien (Wonton noodle); Both of them were not bad, but on a Sunday you have to put up with the long waiting period.

See the mom and pop team (above) sweating it out in the mini kitchen, while the son had it easy; sitting at the counter barking orders at the Indonesian helpers.

No comments:

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP