Thursday, November 29, 2007

BLACK VINEGAR NOODLE @ MENG CAFÉ, JALAN KHOO HEANG YUN, KUCHING


Like the name says, this noodle is sour to the core with black vinegar. Unlike the KL's Heng Hua Loh Mee, which has a hint of vinegar like those you put in your sharkfin's soup, this sour noodle totally obliterates whatever taste buds you have left in you. When I said I've a panache for any sour stuff, I retract that statement for this particular one... it's really bay-tahan!!! Your lips will purl with grimaces, and your eyes will squirm to the tune of:

I'm turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so
Turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so
I'm turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so
Turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so

If there's any health benefit from consuming this noodle like drinking Japanese vinegar, I'd gladly gulp one everyday. Thank goodness for the accompanying little bowl of wonton soup; it made the whole ordeal less excruciating. However, if this isn't your cup of soup, there's always other soups to be had... like the Bee Tai Bak (Lau Su Fang) Wonton Soup below.

No comments:

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP