Friday, November 30, 2007

PORK LEG RICE @ WEE BEE HIONG CAFÉ, JALAN SONG THIAN CHEOK, KUCHING


It's all about Wee Bee Hiong with this shop... from the name of its shop to its Too-Kar P'ng stall, Bak Kut Teh, and even the BBQ meat slices (Bak Qňua), plus the office upstairs. Quite a conglomerate, if you ask me. This is the last corner shop, one block down from the MAS ticketing office.

I haven't tasted its
Bak Kut Teh, but from the taste of the Too Kar P'ng's broth, it tastes and smells like one; a bit of herbal flavor, which is good if you like that sort of thing. I prefer mine like the Tau-Eu Bak, no hanky-panky stuff, au naturel. The serving of the meat cuts and offal is generous for its price, and so is the vegetable curry and sambal sauce.



That's the way I have my rice (above) at every Too-Kar P'ng's place; dunking rice - drenched in soy broth and curry gravy! Ah Lee did comment that the way I have my dunking rice reminded him of the good ol' days of having curry rice the same way; he added that we could never go back to the good ol' days, not because the recipe has changed, but we have changed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the bak kut teh at BDC? If I'm not wrong, the kopitiam is called Hiang Mun Low. It's not bad.

Kong-Kay said...

no. just had dinner at ah liong, bdc.

Anonymous said...

the bak kut teh at wee bee hiong is great! it is my favorite. do try it one day. the one at bdc is good as well.

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP