Thursday, April 02, 2009

KOMPIA & SUCH @ STALL #11, TAMAN SELERA MUHIBAH, JALAN PEDADA, SIBU


I asked Will out for Kompia in the evening. However, he had other ideas...

... he turned it into a mini-bloggers' meet. I'm weary of this sort of thing with no ground rules, and the "inviter" usually ends up as the "Chai-Tao" (carrot). Voicing my trepidation, this was how the sms that Will sent out read:

"Mini blogger meet tonight at taman muhibah 8pm. Got blogger from out of sibu town. Pay for your own drinks and foods. Lol~"

Those who got the sms, paid for their own. Alex, STP and another non-blogger turned up. It was abstinence for STP, so he just had ice kacang. I've written on this place before, so for the night's event you can read Will's entry.


12 comments:

willchua said...

At the end, no one is the carrot. Each pay for their lot. He he..

Kong-Kay said...

STP has not has his say yet!!!

bongkersz said...

Haha! I remember meeting you the first time, with a plastic of kompia. Aiya, now economy not good, must pay American style. But, people in Sibu always fight to pay.

Kong-Kay said...

it ain't necessary so...
that's why my ta-ko handles the finer details.

suituapui said...

No leh? I didn't pay anything...! But then I only had one ang tau peng! And I had to drool over all the things I could not eat! LOL!!!

suituapui said...

Btw, I did not get the sme...but willchua smsed me last nite but I could not join them! Didn't read the part about going dutch! Hahahahaha!!! I thought the one inviting usually pays... LOL!!!

Kong-Kay said...

see, will, stp gave his 2 cents worth already...

stp, that's why will is always the carrot (cahi-tau) without realising it.

willchua said...

LOL...Next time I will bring a bunch of coins and one ringgit. Just pay my share and leave the rest to the others. He he...

Kong-Kay said...

will the coins cover 4 cans of beer, 15 kompia, a soft drink and ang-tau-peng and a bowl of soup?

it's best to twirl your thumbs and gaze at the sky when they come 'round collecting payment.

willchua said...

My point is to have enough domination of money to pay exact amount of my share. :p

Kong-Kay said...

i'd rather keep my mouth shut, and enjoy the present company i have; those who know when to give, and when to take (wo-lai-wo-kei).

willchua said...

Yeah, I agree. One of the way is by only going with a circle of people who play the same ground rule.

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP