Sunday, June 21, 2009

HOT CHOCOLATE @ THE CHOKOLAIT. HUB, THE HUB ARCADE, LT. COLLINS ST., MELBOURNE


Doc takes me for a walk around town on a Sunday afternoon, exploring the alleyways and places of interest, where food is concerned.

We happen to pass this chocolate place, which he says is new, but in fact is already 2 years old. It's tucked in a corner, off the main arcade, with seating along its narrow corridor in front of the shop. It seems chocolate drinking place is to Melburnians as tea house is to the Chinese. There are quite a few of these chocolaterias dotted around town. They are more of a sedated and quaint affair; a far cry from the bubble-tea houses.

As far as chocolate allergy is concerned, I can put in at the back burner; I have my antibiotics and ointment (which costs me 4 times more than those from M'sia) on standby in case of outbreaks. So what's a few acne the size of a moon crater popping out on the nose?

I'm going to have the Belgian chocolate drink only once, so I might as well make the most out of it. And ordering the chilli hot dark chocolate is as wild as I can get. The lady mentions the piquancy of the chilli goes from 1 to 10, and suggests I should go for 10; and that's what i have. It's not as bad as it sounds... just a few pricks on the walls of the mouth - tantalizing but tame! There's no volcanic eruption this time 'round.



No comments:

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP