Friday, October 02, 2009

EARLY LUNCH @ FONG LYE TAWAINESE RESTAURANT, GARDENS MID-VALLEY, MEGAMALL, KUALA LUMPUR




This is one of those earlier posts that took a skip or two... when I was on a few hours of transit at Kuala Lumpur. Instead of sitting idly at the airport lounge I took a shuttle at K.L. Central, where my sister picked me up for a spree - one that nearly made me missed my flight, had it not been for old reliable Air Asia to have a flight delay. We were so early when we got there, despite browsing through the shops for a while, the kitchen wasn't even ready. We had to wait a good 15 minutes before anyone waited on us.






We all had the set lunch, all almost identical except for the one on top photo, smoke duck noodle; it came with a bowl of noodle soup with the accompanying smoked duck. The rest of the two orders came with the three different condiments: pickled vegetables, fried wonton and fried pig's intestine.




The Bento-style fried pork chop and the beef noodle soup looked nice, and I'm sure they tasted nice too, as no one was complaining.

I had the Taiwanese Mee Sua (thread noodle) with intestine (below). The broth was certainly different from what I ever encountered (even the ones at Jalan Song). I can't quite put my fingers on it - the things that goes into making the soup. It tasted a bit sour, but not quite the vinegary kind. All I can say is that it was good! After this, we hopped next door to have desserts...






No comments:

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP