Wednesday, January 20, 2010

LAST DINNER OF 2009 @ GOLDEN HAPPINESS RESTAURANT, JALAN CHENGAL, SIBU


This is, indeed, the last of the last dinner of 2009. The dishes seem like a repeat of the last time, except this is a last-minute reservation, and the place is packed with a wedding dinner and last family reunion dinner for the year. And I take back my words on what I said the last time of this place...


The food and service take quite a hit from the avalanche of the diners. Take a look at the fried Mantau (above), and you'll know what I mean.


However, the steamed Tapah fish is nicely done, straight from off the steamer. The fish maw soup is like the one we had before. My bad for pointing out shark's fin in there when there's none in this case.


This last dish of sea cucumber stuffed with minced pork and fish paste reminds me of the sea cucumber I did a while ago, except I didn't have fish paste. Note to self, the fish paste makes sea cucumber adheres to the stuffing, and steaming helps too.

No comments:

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP