Friday, October 08, 2010

LUNCH @ MINH XUONG SEAFOOD & BARBECUE RESTAURANT, 211 RUSSELL ST., MELBOURNE


When Andrew wanted to catch a bite before leaving for Sydney, I suggested Pacific BBQ across the QV. But Jaq said the Minh Xuong just across the road serves quite a variety, even though she has friends working in Pacific. So the recommendation sticks. So a few days later, we have to grab a quick lunch this comes to mind.


There's been a few casualties on this stretch since I was here last year. The chicken rice shop (Hawker's Cafe) is no more, and this Minh Xuong, a branch of Richmond, sits on an old restaurant that burnt down without any fire insurance (according to Uncle Tony).

I order the spicy chicken ribs while Sean has the braised roast pork belly with tofu. There's bountiful of rice on the plate, this much I can say. Beyond that, the chicken that I have tastes much like any ordinary fried chicken. Not like the one I remember. Ho-hum! There's no doubt that this place gives you value for money portion - too hefty for me, at least.
.

1 comment:

Ruby Anne said...

Hi,

I'd like to give a $10 discount voucher for Kong-Kay1 readers for home delivery orders on Menulog. (We list 1000+ delivery restaurants for which online orders can be placed.)

The discount is to be typed at checkout and is on top of any existing discounts our restaurants offer. Please let me know if you’re interested and I’ll forward the voucher code. If you would like a special bloggers’ $30 voucher so you can try the whole thing yourself first, this can also be arranged.

Cheers,
Ruby Anne
(ruby@menulog.com.au)

ABOUT THIS BLOG

As the name implies, it's all about nothing! Kongkaying is like grasping in the air - more like hot air with occasional fartulence. Hopefully, something aromatic will come out of it! If not...

May the Farce be With You!

BAG OF TRICKS

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP